The summer school Sustainble development will take place in Bordeaux from 30th June to 26th July
Arrival : 30 june 2019 – start July the 1st in Bordeaux Institute of Technology -BIT- (Institut Polytechnique de Bordeaux - www.bordeaux-inp.fr)
BIT is a public sector technology university. Created in 2009, our community groups together 8 engineering schools, and has 3,400 students. BIT delivers the “titre d'ingénieur diplômé” which can only be awarded by institutions which have been granted the right to do so on the basis of the outcome of evaluation by the national “Commission des titres d'ingénieurs” (CTI) (a national accreditation board composed of academics and professionals), and is recognized as a national Master's degree. With professional-oriented courses and 11 research laboratories, BIT is regularly ranked amongst the best engineering schools in France.
Our experts will address the main challenges in relation with sustainable development and the consequences of global warming. We will give the floor to scientists and also to professors in charge of a number of innovative research programs which mobilize different actors in order to enable more efficient and more visible development of policies, capacity and instruments relating to education, training and research for sustainable development.
1 - FACILITIES
ARRIVAL IN FRANCE
You will arrive on Sunday, June 30th, 2019 at Paris Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle (CDG). Transfer from Paris to Bordeaux can be achieved by train (TGV) or by aircraft (all connections available in CDG airport). Different low-cost airlines fly regularly from Paris (and other cities) to Bordeaux airport. We will pick you up at the Bordeaux main train station or at the airport and drop you to your residency upon arrival.
We offer guaranteed accommodation. Residences on the campus offer single studios with private bathroom. The residence is located 10 minutes away from our main building.
All lunches are included in the programme as well as two dinners. In French culture, lunches and dinners represent unique opportunities to meet people and freely discuss. In the context of this Summer School, this will be particularly true with your professors. Obviously, meals will also offer you unique chance to practice your French. As one University student restaurant is located in the campus, most of the lunches will be taken there. Special dietary needs will be specified on the application form.
Bordeaux offers a convenient Tram network with several stations located along the Campus, as well as an extensive bus service all over the city and suburbs. Tickets will be provided for using them.
RETURN TO CHINA
End of the school and return: Friday 26th July 2019.
2 - SCIENTIFIC SYLLABUS
LECTURES (2 to 12th July)
The summer school is opened to Bachelor/Master students (sustainable development, engineering …). An exemple of conferences is given below.
-The United Nations Agenda for 2030 on Sustainable Development: 17 Goals to Transform our World (Unesco Chair holder Sustainable Development). Pr. Dr. Michel RICARD
- Can rising CO2 concentration in the atmosphere mitigate the impact of drought years on tree growth? Pr. Dr. Jean-Christophe DOMEC
- Food production and water consumption. Dr Cristina RIBAUDO
- Future of communications: faster, smarter, greener. Dr. François RIVET
- Sustainable management of groundwater resources. Dr. Alexandre PRYET
- Sustainable Wood Production of the Landes de Gascogne Maritime Pine Forest.Dr. Florian DELERUE
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA): a holistic approach to assess the environmental impacts of products. Dr. Philippe LOUBET
- Electric Consumption and Human Behaviors at Home. Pr. Dr. Jean-Marc SALOTTI
- Wave-based resonant microsensors for environmental applications. Pr. Dr. Corinne DEJOUS.
- Energy transition. Potential role and challenges of energy storage. Pr. Dr. Jean-Pierre BEDECARRATS
- Domestic wastes: characteristics, waste prevention and social representation. Dr. Sandrine GOMBERT-COURVOISIER
-Recent development in photovoltaic cells. Pr. Dr. Laurence VIGNAU
SHORT TRAINING PERIOD IN A RESEARCH LABORATORY (15 to 26th July)
Presentation of the research activities conducted in our laboratories and work placement for 2 weeks.
OTHER SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
A full day will be spent at the Metropole of Bordeaux.
Visit of the VEOLIA center in Lapouyade.
Visit of research laboratories.
3- CULTURAL SYLLABUS
Specific classes will be provided every morning during the first two weeks, except on Saturday and Sunday, representing around 14h. These classes will be also located in the same Central Campus.
- Visit of the City, classified as world heritage by UNESCO
- Visit of vineyards outside of Bordeaux
- Visit of the sea side (Arcachon ; Pyla’s Dune)
- Visits of traditional museums
NAME OF THE SCHOOL : SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN BORDEAUX
Welcome date: 30th June 2019.
From 1st to 26 July 2019 in Bordeaux INP
The total number of places is limited to 35.
The price does not include the trip from China to Bordeaux.
Accommodation, lunches and local transportation are all included.
The summer school will deliver 3 ECTS.
The summer school is open to BACHELOR/MASTER students.
More information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please follow the application procedure described on the main page