Advanced Master’s Degree in International Environmental Management at MINES ParisTech Graduate School
The Advanced Master’s Degree in International Environmental Management is a training program unlike any other, helping students to gain expertise in the environmental and energy issues of tomorrow, across three cultures: European, Asian and American.
Participants in this training programme, which is based on an innovative and practical pedagogy, will have the rare opportunity to go out and meet local and international players in Europe and Asia thanks to the wealth of available themed travel opportunities. The multiple projects and case studies carried out at MINES ParisTech Graduate School, INSA Lyon and Tsinghua University (Beijing) complete this rich and multicultural programme.All of the research centres at our partner schools have mobilised to offer students a strategic vision that takes into account the latest scientific and technological advances in every field, including geoscience, energy and process engineering, environmental chemistry, economics, management and society.
This program was set up in 2007 in order to offer a high level of education and cooperation, with a professional and managerial aim, between France and China. It is designed for young graduates holding a Master’s degree who wish to complete their curriculum with a specialization in the field of environment.The students undertaking the full program will obtain a double degree:
• An Advanced Master’s Degree from MINES ParisTech Graduate School and INSA Lyon
• A Master’s Degree from the University of Tsinghua
Foreign students can undertake the EnvIM French program only. They will obtain the Advanced Master’s Degree from MINES ParisTech Graduate School and INSA Lyon
1- ENVIM double-degree (French and international students) - MINES ParisTech/INSA de Lyon Advanced Master in environment + Master's degree in engineering from the University of Tsinghua -12 000 € self-financed or 18 000 € financed by industrial partnership :
Septembre : Fontainebleau - Cours de français ou chinois intensifs, stage d’intégration.
Octobre to Décembre : Tsinghua University (Pékin) – Fieldtrip in Asia
January to April : MINES ParisTech and INSA de Lyon
April to October : Profesional internship
ENVIM French degree (only for foreign students) - 6 500 € self-financed :
January to May : MINES ParisTech and INSA de Lyon – Fieldtrip in Europe
May to october : Profesional internship
Lectures program (5 or 7 months) :
• Resource management: Ecosystem, biodiversity, fossil and mineral resources
• Water resources and management: Hydro systems, international conflict management, water policies
• Public policies: Institutional framework in Europe and Asia, stakeholders, regulation and economic tools
• Pollution prevention and control: Impact assessment, industrial environmental management and treatment technologies
• Risk management
• Cleaner production and life cycle approach
• Climate change: International negotiation, policies framework, cleaner development and mechanisms, CO2 capture and storage
• Renewable energies• Sustainable cities and eco buildings: Urban planning, flux management, energy efficiency in building and transportation systems
• French or Chinese language and cultural courses offered
Professional internship (6 months):
Students must complete a 6-month internship that can take place anywhere in the world. The first job experience will be counted as internship experience. The subject of this professional internship is proposed by the company to solve current issues they are facing related to the environment, energy or sustainable development.For the student, this is a chance to further develop his/her previous curriculum and to use recently acquired skills from the Advanced Master's program by successfully carrying out a meaningful internship in an international, professional setting.The professional internship can be done as a classical internship, a "French International Internship Program" (V.I.E), or by industrial partnership.
More information : firstname.lastname@example.org